If you want to inspire and help children to learn and achieve their potential, consider becoming a Study Wizards tutor. We provide one-to-one, in-home tutoring and individualized learning for students in grades K–12 throughout San Jose and Silicon Valley. This is a great opportunity to serve as a role model and mentor while helping students succeed. If you are dedicated, passionate about education, and can effectively motivate and support students—Study Wizards may be a good fit.
What It’s Like to Work with Study Wizards
- Set your own schedule. Work as many hours as you want to work. You can accept or refuse students as you choose.
- Pick the geographical area where you want to tutor. You travel to students’ homes to meet them.
- Earn very competitive pay.
- Benefit from the support of a strong team, including experts in school psychology and education. We are always available by phone and e-mail.
Tutors Work with Students to Achieve Their Academic Goals by:
- Supporting each student with mentoring and personal attention.
- Assessing educational needs and goals and developing a learning plan for each student.
- Preparing and planning lessons with effective motivational and learning strategies.
- Building and strengthening study and organizational skills.
- Providing progress reports and communicating with parents and teachers.
- Participating in regular Study Wizards meetings and consulting with staff and colleagues by phone or in person as necessary.
Please Consider Applying If You Meet the Following Requirements:
- Passion and enthusiasm for education.
- Tutoring or teaching experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated thorough subject-matter expertise or experience in one of our service areas.
- The capacity to bring excitement and motivation to the tutoring environment and to build positive relationships with parents.
- Ability to commit to work through the end of the school year.
- Availability to work a minimum of 4 hours a week.
- Reliable transportation.
- Exceptional dependability.
- Strong references that demonstrate a proven track record of successfully tutoring and/or teaching students.
How to Apply:
To begin the application process, please send your resume to email@example.com. Paste your resume as plain text into the e-mail: please do NOT send your resume as an attachment. In the body of the e-mail, please also send a cover letter telling us the following about yourself:
- Your experience working with students.
- Why you want to tutor.
- The subjects and service areas for which you are qualified to tutor.
- The age groups you prefer to tutor.
- Your available hours, and ideally how many hours you would like to work weekly.
- The geographical areas you would like to work in and your means of transportation.
Tutors are independent contractors—they are not employees of Study Wizards.
We screen each application; and if we feel you would be a good fit, we will follow up with you. Sorry, we will not be able to reply to all candidates. We appreciate your interest in becoming a Study Wizards tutor.